University of Rochester Assistant Director, Parents Program in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
Under the oversight of the Director of Advancement, identify, cultivate, involve and solicit high annual and major gifts from exceptional University of Rochester parent prospects across the country. Develop and implement programs to cultivate and solicit parents of current students and parents of alumni. Manage special projects as assigned, including the parent annual fund and special fundraising initiatives. Assist the Director, Parents Program with the management of the Parents Council volunteers. Help build collaboration with regional advancement, annual giving, and alumni relations offices. Build cross-University connections that will help assure appropriate responsiveness to parent inquiries and requests.
With broad latitude for independent judgment, and in coordination with the Director, the Assistant Director will:
- Effectively manage and maintain a portfolio of leadership annual fund (GEC/Parents Council focus) and working toward major gift parent prospects (parents of current students and parents of alumni).Oversee parent activities, working in especially close collaboration with Regional Advancement, Annual Giving, and Alumni Relations offices in cases where parents are involved. Initiate and/or strengthen relationships with major gift prospects; create strategies for and solicit donors capable of contributing gifts of $7,500 to $50,000. Maintain a high number of identification and qualification visits, as well as high-end Annual Fund solicitations (Parents Council/George Eastman Circle). Efficiently plan productive travel.
- Through meetings and conversations with other departments, plan, manage, and execute special events for high-level parent prospects and donors, Parents Council, and regional parent events as necessary; overseeing the work of support staff involved.
- Maintain strong collaborative connection with the Parents Relations person in the Dean’s Office with the goal to support general parent initiatives. Collaborate closely with Regional Advancement and other people on campus, including the Dean and faculty, to support parent fundraising efforts.
- Assist Director in management of participation in Annual Fund efforts with special focus on high level annual giving.
- Collaborate on the acknowledgement process for parent gifts.
- Other duties as required by the Director
Bachelor’s degree and at least four years development experience or equivalent. Strong preference for experience working with parents of students. Highly developed collaborative skills. Maturity in work style and evidence of capacity to be a good team member. Experience in soliciting gifts, preferably at the high annual giving level. Success in working with Deans, faculty and volunteers. Proven ability to manage complex projects from setting of strategy to management of detail with the help of support staff. Sufficiently well-organized to deal effectively with donor stewardship issues and “moves” to advance donors according to a plan. Excellent skills in written and oral communication.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant Director, Parents Program
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 201966
Full/Part Time: Full-Time