University of Rochester Assistant Director of Health Home Care Management in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Program Administrators
8:30 AM-5 PM
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to lead the expansion of Medicaid Health Home care management efforts for University of Rochester Medicine (spanning flagship hospitals, practices and affiliates). An integral responsibility of the Director of Health Home Care Management is to support the care management agencies owned and operated by URMC and its affiliates by developing strategic and implementation plans to expand and increase utilization of health home within our enterprise while developing a robust and comprehensive administrative structure to support our existing Health Home Care Manager Providers (UR Medicine Home Care Health Home, Strong Behavioral Health Home, and Golisano Children’s Health Home). Reporting to the DSRIP Administrative Director, this position oversees other support roles such as a financial and data analyst, health home facilitators and other positions as identified through strategic development of the program.
Under general direction and with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
Leadership and Strategic Development:
Convene leaders from UR Medicine Home Care, Strong Behavioral Health – Health Home Care Management, Golisano Pediatric Children’s Health Home, Social Work and others and facilitate discussions that lead to shared understanding and vision for a central structure that will support the expansion of health home services. Work with AHP, UR Medicine Hospitals, Primary Care Practices and other stakeholders to educate and expand opportunities for the use of Health Home Care Management within the Enterprise.
Provide project management support with minimal oversight, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining work plans and timelines, preparing status reports and communicating any risks or barriers that may affect milestone deadlines.
- Manage cross-entity projects including projects with significant information systems integration;
- Draft project work-plans and educational material as needed;
- Provide data-driven evidence of health home operations across the care management agencies;
- Identify system / program changes in workforce and resources to maximize client capacity;
- Maintain alignment in referral management, financial reconciliation and reporting between care management agencies;
- Maintain knowledge of health home care management policies and procedures; clinical workflows pertaining to care management.
Facilitate the development of relationships across URMC care management entities and initiatives within and outside of health home. Requires significant tact, clear communication, and leadership to carry out and obtain delivery system reform.
Support educational trainings on health home care management to providers and staff across clinical settings to increase health home care management utilization rates and foster more collaboration between health home care managers and the clinical teams.
Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, or a related field required; Graduate degree in Business, Public Health, or Health Administration preferred;
- 5 years of healthcare management level experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Previous work experience in clinical setting, population health initiatives or care management highly desired;
- Strong project management skills, including organization of individual and team work; prioritization; problem solving; adaptability; flexibility; and attention to detail;
- Proficiency in data analytics;
- Teamwork, including the ability to draw out diverse perspectives, consider problem resolution from multiple angles, and build upon the experiences of all team members to create solutions that are broadly supported;
- Exceptional judgment and ability to learn the needs of different components of the UR Medicine Enterprise;
- Business / financial planning, including the ability to identify and quantify resources needed for successful expansion of the program;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint) and ability to learn new software as needed (Netsmart, eRecord).
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant Director of Health Home Care Management
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202524
Full/Part Time: Full-Time