University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Trainee in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 079 SMD Academic IT
8 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/25/17.
University IT’s Application and Architecture Team at the University of Rochester is looking to hire an undergraduate or graduate student with interest in working with Research and Academic ITover a ten week period from June 1st through August 11th, 2017. This internship will be focused on assisting Customer and Technical Support staff. This is a temporary internship opportunity.
This position is being offered as one of a number of positions being offered through University IT in the summer of 2017. As a result, while the emphasis will be on individual experiences based on a position description provided, the group will be organized as a starting cohort and meet approximately every two weeks. The emphasis of this cohort experience will be to expose all participants to multiple facets of the University Information Technology environment. These sessions will combine presentation by IT professionals and group discussion to broaden the learning experience. All students will also be asked to prepare a poster session at the end of the program. This will provide program participants an opportunity to link classroom learning to the practicum, as well as formalize thoughts and service recommendations to the IT organization.
Under direction of the project managers and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Collecting, logging and organizing information related to computer and printer equipment.
- Assist technical support staff by prioritizing tasks and corresponding with customers and IT staff.
- Other related IT tasks as needed.
- AAS degree in Electronic Data Processing and prefer 1 year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer pursuing (or completed) a Bachelor’s degree, and interest in Information Technology.
- Strong oral, written, and team communication skills, effective questioning, listening, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Mac OSX and/or Windows experience; must be comfortable with everyday computer use and open to learning new software.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Trainee
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 201893
Full/Part Time: TAR