University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Sr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Lab Computer Fac-Clin Labs SMH
Under the general direction of the CLSS Technical Manager and with latitude for independent judgement and initiative, provide information technology analysis and solutions in support of Pathology’s clinical, research, and educational missions. Understand and analyze user requirements from a broad range of operations, complexities and designs; and deliver informatics solutions. Work collaboratively with Pathology faculty, management, and staff, and with other enterprise Information Technology groups, particularly URMC’s Information Systems Division (ISD), and with strategic partners and vendors. Foster and promote all URMC and Department efforts to improve service quality and delivery.
- Design, test, and deliver informatics solutions, validating end-user acceptance. Include solutions from ad hoc reports and reporting structures to fully developed and supported applications.
- Receive and review requests for information technology solutions and work collaboratively with the requesting staff to provide a needs assessment, suggested solution, resource, scope review, and a suggested priority level.
- Continually assess processes and procedures, and make suggestions on ways to improve quality, reduce costs, and gain efficiencies.
- Document all processes and procedures to support and maintain delivered informatics solutions and keep all documentation current and accessible.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of production systems as assigned, including but not limited to internally developed solutions.
- Perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of healthcare and research operations.
- Understand the functions and roles of the divisions’ clinical, research, and education missions.
- Understand and be fluent with database theory, and data mining strategies and tools.
- Understand and employ currently accepted system lifecycle management strategies.
- Rotate off-hour call duties with other CLSS staff.
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science, or Engineering, and 3-4 years of related experience (preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred. Application and database design, configuration, documentation, and support experience preferred. Experience working as part of an information technology support group, preferably in a healthcare field.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Sr
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 202156
Full/Part Time: Full-Time