University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Sr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Assists with enterprise-wide technical and user support and implementation of both the Supply Chain Management and as a backup, secondary role, the Perioperative Information System, Projects at both Highland and Strong Hospitals and throughout the University. Works with department managers, and staff to facilitate and implement operation workflow changes necessary for successful implementation of the information systems. Provides day-to-day application support to managers and staff, with a primary coordination role to represent Supply Chain Management and the Perioperative user departments’ operational needs. Assists the Lead Analysts with implementation activities, troubleshooting, testing and training functions as a member of the enterprise-wide Project Teams.
Provides analytical and technical assistance for identification of system requirements, enhancements and setup decisions. Provides assistance with unit and integrated application testing. Assists with development of internal training curriculum and materials, as well as coordinates and provides application training. Functions as a liaison and coordinator between users and the Supply Chain Management and the Perioperative Project Teams, especially the Lead Analysts.
Provide in-depth analysis of User Requirements and develops both functional and technical specifications as part of the process to solve the users' needs. Designs solutions in current environment and creates new applications in new environments.
Under the general direction of the Lead Analysts and the ISD Project Director, conforming to URMC policies but retaining latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Assists with implementation activities for new groups by:
- Participating in and coordinate workflow analysis through interviews and data gathering with key departmental software users and the software vendorto capture current and future state of workflow, including but not limited to documentation of these workflow analyses.Obtain review and approval of the departmental representative of these work flow documents and related decisions to facilitate the software design and building of the databases and data content.
- Facilitating the application design and database and data content building, to include current paper record incorporation, template setup, report generation, interfaces and data flow to and from other applications etc.Using Business Object Crystal, MS Access and SQL, develop custom reports, queries and extract when standard reports do not meet needs. Coordination with key end users to ensure the design and building (creation) of the software meets departmental operational and functional needs.
- Coordinating project timelines.
- Provide daily technical application testing, support and trainingto the end users and super users of the applications. Provides on-going application testing of all proposed changes.Creates and maintains unit and integrated testing plans, scripts, results and coordination of approvals for software upgrades.Liaison to application vendor to report all software issues, bugs and enhancement requests and track the progress of these requests and issues.
- Recommends system data base queries and reporting per customer and project team requests.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures for working in the Supply Chain Management and the Perioperative Information systems.
- Assists department through all phases of technology adoption.
- Bachelor’s degree, major in Business, Finance, Information Systems or Nursing Informatics preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience and/or applications analysis in a health care and/or University setting, including a Supply Chain Management and/or Perioperative and/or Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Materials Management, Receiving setting.
- Good understanding of networked PC systems and applications
- Effective communication skills (oral presentation, listening, written)
- Supervisory and/or project management experience preferred.
- Work experience in University, Highland and/or Strong Hospital and related operational processes & policy knowledge preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to generate teamwork are essential.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience using Crystal, SQL queries or scripting, PMM preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Sr
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 201500
Full/Part Time: Full-Time