University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Sr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Support of EMR system by working with physicians, clinical staff, and leads to assist in requirements gathering, proactively resolve issues, recommending quality improvements in clinical related areas. A main function of this position involves interdisciplinary work related among vendor, clinical and non-clinical departments while participating and leading testing in related areas. Ensure requirements are documented and met, organization is prepared for successful attestation for meaningful use, and process improvements. Responsibilities will also include supporting the implementation of new modules and system upgrades as assigned. Adherence and promotion of change control process.
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Support
- Assist in gathering requirements from cross functional clinical teams
- Analyze data and perform gap analysis in order to meet requirements of federal and state regulations as well as organization’s objectives
- Provide trends and areas of vulnerability to associates or groups effected
- Liaison between clinical staff, physicians and IT Staff
- Ability to pull together clinical and non-clinical staff from multiple areas and work effectively to produce a stated outcome.
- Creation and update of procedures relating to use of Electronic Medical Record applications
- Assist in creation of test plans for integrated testing
- Lead integrated testing among cross functional teams
- Provides technical support, participating in the testing of software updates/new releases for assigned applications and systems as needed Education and communication of changes made to vendor to both internal and external customers
- Monitor changes to EMR systems by utilizing and supporting the Change Control Process
- Accepts on call responsibilities.
Communication & Planning
- Obtain feedback from departments, medical staff and other customers on desired EMR system enhancements
- Maintain a “open” line of communication with vendor to report issues and service orders
- Attends project meetings, work group meetings, and others as needed.Reports status updates and information pertinent to discussions. Effectively communicates changes to Associates affected by the changes.Creates documentation informing customers and Associates of the changes and processes.
- Focus on process improvement and support process re-design
Personal & Professional Development
- Familiarize yourself with functions, tasks, policies and procedures, and processes as they relate to service requests, and keep abreast of changes in regulations, requirements and trends.
- Maintains a high degree of computer system expertise, especially as it relates to Mckesson systems
- Pursues own personal/professional growth through continued education, reading and attendance at seminars
- Develop a network of “Mckesson” hospitals to benchmark and use as references to solve problems
Bachelor’s degree is related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrates strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and experienced in leading teams through process redesign and issue resolution. Ability to adapt to a changing environment to meet the needs of the health system. Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers including executives, physicians, department leaders, and other associates. Demonstrates support of the Thompson Way program in various activities. Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Preferred Degree in Clinical Informatics
- 3-5 years hospital clinical and IT systems experience required
- 5+ years of hospital clinical and IT systems experience preferred
- Attention to detail; strong communication and documentation skills.
- Diversified duties requiring the use of a wide range of procedures and the exercise of judgment in the analysis of facts, data and circumstances surrounding data and processes to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practice.
- Working across multiple departments to foster a solution that meets the needs of the health system.
- Must be willing and able to work independently and within large groups
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Requires effective customer communication skills and originality in meeting customer objectives.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Sr
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 201505
Full/Part Time: Full-Time