University of Rochester Ambulatory Technologist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 Psychiatry SMH MIPS
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist performs clinical duties in addition to clerical functions to support care providers in the delivery of patient care activities. These duties include a variety of technical, procedural, information systems tasks, as well as administrative support as defined below. The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist is expected to engage in customer service activities using a Patient and Family Centered approach consistent with the "I CARE" behaviors of the University of Rochester Medical Center. He/she exercises skill, with latitude for independent judgment, in decisions regarding patient flow, procedural support, management of equipment and patient room supply needs in meeting provider needs . The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist conducts self in a manner that is open and approachable and conducive to teamwork within the area of practice and acts as a role model to new staff. The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist receives clinical guidance from the Nurse Leader and medical/nursing providers (MD's, DO's, NPP's, CNS, RNs). She/He will report directly to the Program Secretary for matters relevant to performance management and professional development.
Clinical Practice - Patient/Family Centered Care Delivery
- Obtains and records vital signs per unit policy/standards of care.
- Conducts screening for pain , allergies, and other patient specific measures during office visits per unit standards and in accordance with eRecord workflows .
- Documents blood pressure findings, pain score, and allergy information in the EMR .
- Utilizes daily schedules in identifying tasks/flow to be carried out with assigned patients/groups. Maximizes room utilization (exam and procedure rooms) through establishing efficient communication systems with other members of the team and through assuring that needed supplies are available.
- Performs specimen collection duties (i.e. -urine toxicology screens) following the appropriate procedures for specimen collection and labeling.Uses the EMR as part of this process.
- Notifies provider of patient arrival.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient condition to appropriate provider during exam or procedure.
- Performs telephone outreach activities to reschedule patients who may be due for appointments or have missed a previously scheduled appointment.
- Recognizes emergency situations and initiates appropriate response following the direction of nurses, physicians and other authorized personnel during emergencies.
- Executes other duties within scope of training as assigned by Direct Supervisor and other authorized professional staff.
- Tracks and input Encounter forms and SALs data into Alpha
- Maintain daily schedules for groups and individual sessions of Addiction Psychiatry
Providers and Clinicians
- Maintain accurate patient demographic information in the scheduling system
- Perform Reception Desk duties and provide coverage of desk as assigned by supervisor
- Perform other daily clerical tasks as assigned by supervisor
Clinical Support Coordination:
- Maintains clinical equipment through appropriate disinfection and operational maintenance procedures as per SMH policy.Performs daily, weekly, monthly checks on equipment (as per standard) and documents quality control results as required.
- Conducts inventory of supplies and requisitions needed supplies from supervisor.
- Assists in scheduling Bio-Medical engineering or outside vendors in the calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with maintenance and inventory of sterile and non-sterile supplies and specialty equipment
- Prepares instruments for decontamination and sterilization
- Collects data for quality improvement studies; works with unit leadership in identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to improve patient and provider experiences in the area.
- Assists in the tracking of supply utilization for cost trending purposes.
- Participates in research activities as directed.
- Actively participates in Service Administrative Meetings as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent plus three years of experience in a patient care setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and computer experience is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Ambulatory Technologist II
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201829
Full/Part Time: Full-Time