University of Rochester Administrator I in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 Social Work-Patient & Fam Svcs
With great latitude and the expectation to exercise independent judgment, serves as the Human Resources Administrator for SMH Environmental Services. Collaborates and works closely with the Program Directors, Managers and Supervisors. Ensures that Hospital and Program standards of quality and excellence are met. Essential to the position are strong communication, organization, computer, detail, confidentiality and interpersonal skills, and the ability to make independent decisions when dealing with complex issues or concerns.
Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and Data Tracking
- Directs and oversees all Departments’ HRMS personnel action form processes.
- Processes required personnel action/HRMS forms for posting positions, as well as, closing employees out of department upon termination or resignation.
- Manages preparation of documents for appointments, promotions, salary and related changes with appropriate approvals.
- Tracks HRMS forms for timely processing.
- Provides statistical data to department managers; i.e. staff turnover/retention.
- Performs exit interviews and provide trends/concerns to department director.
- Completes and analyzes ad hoc HRMS data analysis reports.
- Maintains tracking database and works with Finance Manager to ensure funding and account number for each position.
- Works with SMH Environmental Services Training Coordinator to ensure effective collaboration of departmental training needs and development of resulting training programs and collection and management of data related to training initiatives.
Human Resources Management
- Oversees Human Resources administration to include recruitment, performance evaluations, disciplinary issues, performance improvement plans, wage & salary program, position description reviews, reclassifications, and step increases/EOP increases.
- Supports and participates in, upon request, grievance and arbitration preparation and procedures.
- Participates in unemployment hearings upon request.
- Participates in New Employee Onboarding, Corrective Discipline, and Recruitment Interviews, as requested.
- Collaborates with UR Human Resources Department and SMH Environmental Services HR Business Partner to ensure continuous improvement of services.
- Tracks staff discipline related activity and reports to Managers on a monthly basis. Evaluates trends and makes recommendations for potential changes to policies.
- Networks with external agencies to provide alternate resource for employment pool.
- Manages departmental wage and salary program.Reviews all staff performance evaluations and performance management documentation for compliance with policy, risk and regulation compliance.Counsels Managers and Supervisors.
Planning, Policies and Compliance
- Acts as a resource to Directors, Managers and staff regarding University, Hospital and Departments’ administrative operations and policy interpretation.
- Develops departmental Human Resources policies and procedures and monitors implementation, effectiveness and compliance with University policy.
- Assists in interpreting University human resources policies and bargaining unit contract to management and staff, and advises on their application and implementation.
- Collaborates with Directors, Managers and staff to identify strategic goals and objectives related to Human Resources Management.
- Develops and implements annual plan to accomplish strategic goals.
- Reviews, validates, and maintains accurate departmental procedures.
- Manages personnel files to ensure Joint Commission Compliance.
- Initiates, chairs and leads departmental committees regarding Human Resources administrative processes and lean initiatives.
- May direct and supervise administrative clerical support staff.Sets priorities and objectives for office operations.
- May represent the department in miscellaneous projects.
Bachelor degree in discipline such as Business, Accounting, Human Resources and 3 years of experience in general management and supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced knowledge of computer applications including, but not limited to, MS Word, Outlook and Excel. Requires excellent interpersonal skills, experience in supervision, capacity to manage a large volume of work, and track multiple projects through to completion.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrator I
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201480
Full/Part Time: Full-Time