University of Rochester Administrative Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 35 hours Grade 009 Registrar's Office RC
Provides primary administrative support to the Assistant Registrar for Degree Audit and Graduation Activities and the Sr. Analyst Programmer in the Office of the University Registrar. Is responsible to provide information regarding policies, procedures and practices of the office to students, faculty and staff. Has frequent contact with department administrators, faculty, deans and others. Provides direction to student staff as required. Initiates direct communication with the graduating class in Arts, Sciences and Engineering.
- Provides primary administrative support to the Assistant Registrar for Degree Audit and Graduation Activities. Communicates departmental policies and procedures to students, faculty and staff verbally and in writing.Trains support staff in administrative and functional procedures as directed.Is primary contact for students requesting information or direction in degree audit, graduation and information technology support.Manages direct email communication with students regarding degree audit and graduation.
- Provides administrative support to the Sr. Analyst Programmer in managing requests for information from the OUR IT team.This includes, but is not limited to Data Warehouse requests and Student Information System requests for reporting and information management. Provides preparation and maintenance of appropriate documentation for all internally managed IT systems for the IT team.Prepares documentation and scheduling for training new users in systems managed by the OUR IT team.This includes degree audit (U. Achieve), data warehouse reporting, OnBase, academic planning (U. Direct) and FileMaker Pro (Sr. Audit database).
- Manages daily operations in two functional areas and assists management in prioritizing work assignments for staff and student employees.Maintains the operating calendar of activities for both functional areas and updates the OUR staff of coming activities at regular staff meetings.Manages updates to the OUR Production Schedule and assists managers in assuring completion of assigned tasks.
- Participates in preparation and management of all activities related to graduation as required with particular emphasis on managing the graduation program (with University Communications), diploma orders, proofs, preparation and delivery to departmental ceremonies.Coordinates pick-up and delivery with academic departments, facilities and Event and Classroom Management.Is responsible for post-graduation clean-up and mailings.
- Participates in all OUR activities including registration, drop/add, degree audit, grading and other administrative tasks as assigned.
College graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year of relevant administrative experience required. Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Excellent organizational skills with a high level of detail management required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Location: The College
Job ID: 203033
Full/Part Time: Full-Time