University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Physical Medicine & Rehab
*Job Description: *
The Administrative Assistant/Supervisor will oversee the day to day office operations for outpatient PM&R; and will handle all provider, patient and staff issues and concerns. These tasks will be done with a high level of independence and general oversight from Administrator of PM&R.;
- Provide direction and supervision to OAS and Lead OAS staff. Assign responsibilities and review completion of work.
- Development of schedules and assures coverage for sick calls and vacation coverage through reassignment of staff.
- Conducts interviews, hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action. Collatorates with Administrator as needed.
- Ensure that all functions are completed by available staff and assign staff to special projects as identified.
- Develop/oversee all staff training for new and experienced front office staff, assuring continuity, uniformity, accuracy and completeness of training.
- Oversee scheduling for staff development programs and monitoring of staff compliance with in services
- Continuously evaluate staff development programs/standard work in terms of effectiveness and modify as needed.
Administrative Support for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy/MD
- Provide administrative support to the Chiefs of Occupational and Physical Therapy, and Medical Director of outpatient clinic.
- Works with Chief PT/OT to submit appropriate paper work for therapist seminars, requests for reimbursement for seminars, parking fees, department luncheons, etc.
- Manage department accounting which includes reviewing then submitting all invoices for payment; preparing PO’s, monitoring blanket order forms, inventory tracking and management of sale items in the clinic, 312 Requisitions, CWO forms for equipment and supplies needed; yearly renewals of all standing PO’s, etc. and ledger reconciliation of inpatient and outpatient PR FAO accounts, and Outpatient Rehab FAO account, working with Administrator.
- Materials Management: responsible for tracking and ordering all office supplies, clinical and pharmacy supplies for the outpatient therapy groups at CC site to also include the Rehab outpatient area. Ledger reconciliation for PT/OT accounts with oversight from program administrator.
- Manage the Rehab patient charts coming and going from the two site locations
- Handle all requests directed to ISD for computer problems, drop installations, network connections and email/domain account requests for the new therapists and staff; UTD for work orders required for phones, voice mail and new orders for pager; SMH Page Office for pager additions and changes; Facilities for work needed in the department; Housekeeping to address issues or additional cleaning needed.
- Work closely with Department Sec IVs for scheduling and Physician support.
Supervise daily operations of active outpatient clinic including monitoring QA and insuring JCAHO compliance.
- Attend bi-monthly AC Managers meeting, quarterly tenant’s meeting at CC; all other meetings as directed.
- Responsible for preparing the daily co pay deposits and posting payments to the individual patient accounts; manage the department petty cash and postage funds.
- Run and review cancellation report to search for immediate availability for New Evals when schedules are tight.
- Is responsible for scheduling QA for optimal efficiency, working with Lead OAS.
- Coordinates and works closely with Access Center for appointment scheduling and works collaboratively to problem solve and optimize.
- Monitor/ensure accuracy of charge entry, compliance with referral management to optimize reimbursement
- Work closely with Patient Accounts to identify and implement necessary changes to ensure compliance with insurance regulations.
- Identify and implement operational changes to improve clinic functions across PT/OT/MD service lines.
- Update and create new policies, procedures, and standard work documents and communicate with Leads and OAs staff.
- Identify areas of improvement and coordinate implementation with front end staff
- Monitor staff functions via quality assurance reports to assure that procedures are followed; provide feedback about outcomes directly to staff members.
- Communicate with providers and clinical staff to identify operational issues and see resolution.
Ancillary Department Collaboration
- Act as liaison regarding communication and standard processes between billing, appointments, secretarial staff and eRecord/Flowcast/eparc support.
Customer Service Intervention
- Develop staff training programs to ensure optimal frontline handling of patient interactions and concern
- Serve as point person for management of complex patient complaints. Identify areas of improvement and work with resources available for process improvement and optimal patient/ staff experience.
Requires college graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training: one year of relevant administrative experience. Demonstration of customer relations skill, multi-tasking and excellent communication and organizational skills required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 201323
Full/Part Time: Full-Time