University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Clin & Trans Science Institute
8 AM-5 PM; OCC WKENDS
The purpose of this position is to manage research education programs of the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), within guidelines set by the responsible Executive Director. The Education Program Manager will work closely with the faculty directors of each program to plan, organize, carry out and evaluate their programs. This position requires the exercise of good judgment and independent thinking. In addition, the Education Program Manager supports the CTSI communications program.
- Manage CTSI education programs in collaboration with faculty advisors, program directors and the responsible Executive Director. Develop daily, weekly and monthly action plans, organize CTSI and other resources to ensure program activities take place on time and within budget, develop and recommend program improvements. Specific program responsibilities include the KL2 career development program, the TL1 predoctoral training program, the CTSI weekly seminar series, the PhD program in translational biomedical science, the junior faculty core curriculum, and the mentor development program.
- Manage the Rochester Bridges to the Doctorate program.Develop daily, weekly and monthly action plans, organize resources to ensure program activities take place on time and within budget, collect and organize data necessary for program evaluation, develop and recommend program improvements. Participate as a member of the program Executive Committee. Serve as mentor for program participants, especially related to coursework and other activities at the University of Rochester.
- Serve as a member of the CTSI Evaluation Working Group, with specific responsibilities for gathering and organizing education program data. Lead collection and quality assurance of past participant outcomes data.
- Serve as primary contact for all CTSI education program applicants and participants. Serves as a resource regarding application, registration and other processes, as well as institutional policies and requirements.
- Support CTSI communication activities by managing the CTSI website change control process, maintaining the website, serving as editor-in-chief of the CTSI Stories blog, and contributing to communication planning.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 1 year of experience (2 years’ experience preferred) in an administrative capacity within academia, and some relevant experience supporting biomedical research or clinical training programs. A Master’s Degree in Education or a related field would be advantageous. Must have excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, management and delegation skills. Must be capable of prioritizing activities to ensure timely and effective completion, and be able to adjust priorities as circumstances change. Must be able to function independently but use good judgment in involving program directors and senior colleagues to overcome barriers or make policy decisions. Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and must attain expert familiarity in the NIH xTrain system.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 201564
Full/Part Time: Full-Time