University of Rochester Academic Ops Pers Administrative Assistant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Simon Grad Sch Operations
The Administrative Assistant for Academic Operations & Personnel will be responsible for academic operations and personnel functions for the Simon Business School.
Under direction from the Director of Academic Operations and the Director of Academic Personnel, conducts the following duties:
Academic Operations Support
- Updates the content of Simon faculty webpages
- Updates the contents of MySimon portal, maintains online records and documentation for faculty meetings and other discussions
- Updates academic operations forms and policy documents with guidance from the Director
- Coordinates with the Director to track and monitor requests for academic forms that require approval from area coordinators and deans
- Provides backup support to the Assistant Director of Academic Operations for quarterly processes, such as proctor assignments for midterms and finals, support of the online tutoring system, and TA assignments
Academic Personnel Support
- Under the supervision of the Director of Academic Personnel, coordinates the annual faculty recruiting process for all academic areas in Simon. Responsibilities include budget management for conferences and candidate visits, development and scheduling of itineraries for candidates in conjunction with area coordinators, and logistics management for all visits.
- Application management for academic positions, includes the posting of all open faculty positions with various professional journals, professional organizations, diversity websites, etc. for the upcoming recruiting season. Review of submitted applications to ensure they are complete and disseminated with area faculty. Maintain faculty recruiting files for immigration and diversity reporting.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of Digital Measures updates to support annual faculty review.
- Maintenance of faculty records.
- Update Faculty Research Seminar calendar when visits have been confirmed
- Coordinate house hunting trips for finalists and reimbursement of expenses related to the trip, be able to provide understanding of IRS regulations regarding relocation.
- Provide administrative support for faculty office relocations.
Faculty Event Management
- Under the supervision of the Director of Academic Personnel, manages faculty related events such as research seminars, academic conferences, and faculty receptions. Responsibilities include budget management, coordination with relevant faculty on research seminars and conferences, logistics management, website and calendar updates of events
Executive Assistant to the Deans, Office Administration
- Manages time and calendar of the Deans, make recommendations regarding priorities, deferring to others where applicable.
- Manage the support services and the coordination of activities surrounding the Sr. Associate Dean and Assistant Dean’s offices, including but not limited to travel, support staff, equipment and supplies.
- Primary point person for the administrative arrangements for on campus meetings or special events for Sr. Associate Dean and Assistant Dean.
Reporting and Records Management
- Support the Deans with ad hoc reports and projects, requiring high degree of proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Projects may include internal survey data collection and tabulation, coordination of data for internal and external surveys.
- Develop processes for digitizing the processes and files within the offices of Academic Operations and Personnel
Other duties as assigned by the Directors and Deans
- As required by the Directors and Deans, the Administrator will complete other items as needed.
- Provide backup coverage for faculty assistants during absences and peak times.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience.
Prefer Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of Administrative experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Attention to detail and accuracy; self-starter, excellent interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced deadline-driven office environment; maintain confidential and sensitive information. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and online tools is required. Higher education administrative experience strongly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Academic Ops Pers Administrative Assistant
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 204126
Full/Part Time: Full-Time